Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baby Books for Spring


These two little books are made their way into my youngest son's Easter basket. I'm a total sucker for children's books and these are two of my current favorites.

In My Nest is one of those books that looks like a piece of art to be displayed on a child's bedroom wall. Only it's a book about a little bird and it's nest. A bluebird finger puppet peaks through on each page and adds a unique tactile element to this book.

Busy Chickens is part of the "Busy" series of animal books and is geared for little ones. It's got wonderful photos of chickens in action, great vocabulary, rhyming text, and a hint of humor (My personal favorite, "chicken zooming" cracks me up every time I see it.) I haven't read any of the other books in the "Busy" series, but I'm willing to bet they're high quality as well.

No comments: